Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Updates from the Studio

Last week we updated everyone on the homestead and the farm. We brought you the latest on our lambs, and on what's happening this summer. Though the farm is the main component to our buisness it isn't the only thing that's bustling around here! My studio is a rocking' as well!

The spring is the time of year when I get my final pieces ready for the upcoming market and art fair season. I also like to use this time to restock my etsy shop,  and make sure I have some back up inventory to help sustain my sales through the summer.

Since the majority of my artwork is painted on pallets and recycled wood I scavenge for it throughout the year and keep a horde of it on our property at all times. A few times a year I try to brake it apart and prepare it in bulk so I always have some ready to use on hand.... this is what I have been doing the past few weeks. Breaking apart pallets is the most tedious part of my art making process, and honestly my least favorite,  but it needs to be done. Once I have my pieces prepared and ready to be painted it is always worth the hard work, and knowing that helps modivate me to get it done.

My market season starts May 7th with a booth set up at the Oconomowoc Farmers Market. That's only a couple weeks away so I am getting a bit anxious that I won't have my inventory where I want it to be (as I do every time I have a deadline) but I'm sure everything will work out fine it always does. This season I will have a supply of mixed media paintings on recycled wood. I will keep true to my usual subjects painting wildlife and farm animals. My favorite is painting deer and fish, its a good thing too because both are my top sellers throughout the summer. I will also have some recycled golden book journals like those seen in my etsy shop with me as well as a few different recycled pieces. I love turning what is old into something new again and that is pretty clear with the artwork I bring along.

This summer is the first year we will have both a vegetable booth as well as an art booth set up at the Oconomowoc market. We will also have our three little ones along "helping" so this should be interesting. The dates my artwork will be there are May 7th, 14th , 21st ,and 28th June 11th and 25th, July 9th and 23rd, August 6th and 20th, September 3rd, 17th and October 1st, 15th, and 29th.  I will update with additional dates and fairs as the season moves along along with photos of new pieces available.

Besides being busy with the market I also have a few commissioned pieces that I am working on, and an event with my publisher this June where I am organizing a children's activity. I love working with kids so I am looking forward to this! I am antisipating I will have some things to share after the event is over.

I think that sums up the latest of what has been happening in the studio. It keeps me pretty busy and can get a tad hectic at times, but by working on it a little at a time every day I manage to keep things chugging along.

We have been blessed with so many opportunities and are thankful we have been able to share our story with you. As always thank you for reading and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...