Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Carrot Spice Pancakes



For the most part getting our three kids to eat their veggies isn't too hard of a problem for us. They love helping in the garden and eating what they can find while we are there. When the garden season is over and our vegetable supply isn't as high I like to find unique ways to add veggies in to their meals to mix things up a bit. I like to make sure they get vegetables at each meal which can be a little trickier with breakfast aside from adding veggies to their eggs. In order to make things interesting I substitute shredded vegetables in place of fruit in my pancakes, waffles and muffin recipes. We have a child with food allergies (peanut and soy) so the recipes I use are always made from scratch.  

This time I added shredded carrot to pancakes, this recipe is also helpful with a toddler who has a hard time chewing the tougher textures. Here is the recipe I came up with....

Carrot Spice Pancakes

2 Cups Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pie spice... cinnamon, nutmeg,  vanilla sugar, ginger, anise seed and clove

Mix in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.

I'm a separate mixing bowl combine...
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

add the wet mixture with the dry and stir gently. Finally add 2 carrots finely shredded to the mix.

Pour your batter on a preheated griddle or pan on medium heat.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...