Friday, June 5, 2015

Sweet Chocolate Covered




I love homemade gifts and party favors. Whenever I have people at the homestead or am invited out I like to offer something simple and thoughtful to share. Since every tooth I have is a sweet one I especially love it when this something simple and thoughtful is something sweet as well. So these chocolate covered berries are the perfect balance in my opinion. 

I have noticed when giving homemade gifts people always seem to feel special and cared about. I feel that taking the time to make gifts rather than buy them is worth the extra effort just for that reason alone. When I don't have a lot of time to make a gift but still want to make something special I'll make chocolate covered things... in this case berries.

Making them was a fairly easy process...

First I chose a variety of berries washed and thoroughly dried them, next I melted on package of chocolate chips in the microwave following the instructions on the bag. Once the chocolate was creamy and smooth I dipped my berries in and let them harden on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. For the smaller berries I used a toothpick to pick them up and dip them. After all the berries were dipped I chilled them for about an hour before I packaged them up.

I thought it would be a cute idea to serve these in their own personal dishes so I found little white bowls. I wanted to find something lightly colored and  simple so the design wouldn't clash with the colorful berries.  Using a white bowl with the red and blue berries also makes this a fun patriotic party favor for fourth of July cook outs this summer. 




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...