Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Grandma's Rhubarb Custard Pie



I mentioned in my last post that I lost a lot of the content on our blog unfortunately I lost a lot of the recipes with that. I was able to salvage a few of the posts but for the most part I will have to start new again. What better way to start new recipe sharing than with a recipe that has been passed down through generations. I think there is a lot of nostalgia that goes along with sharing recipes... thinking about the loved ones who prepared the meal, sitting down with people you love passing the dish around the table and of course remembering the dishes themselves that help serve these wonderful meals. Memories and recipes fit together like a scrapbook. 

The recipe I want to share was passed down from my husband's great grandmother. It was a favorite of his and now that she is gone it is a wonderful way to remember her. Every time I make this pie for him it takes him back to different points in his childhood spending time with his grandmother in northern Wisconsin. 

This is a good one now that it is rhubarb season and it's really easy to make.


Grandma's Rhubarb Custard Pie 

Ingredients:
  • 1 deep dish crust...either homemade or store bought depending on what works for you
  • 3 cups cut rhubarb (cut in 1 inch pieces)
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp butter
Directions:
  • Combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and mix it with the rhubarb
  • pour the mixture in your pie crust
  • dot with butter
  • place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 50-60 min.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...