Friday, June 19, 2015

A $1.39 Upgrade for your Office


I love to find ways to decorate the house for cheap. We have 3 kids 6 and under so right now my decorating budget isn't exactly overflowing which means if I want an update I need to get creative. Although it isn't as easy as buying new it is a lot more fun, and a lot more unique. Our decorating style is rustic, artsy cottage-like...eclectic I guess so my crafty decorating ideas often fit right in. 

To update the look of my office are and give it a bit more space I only needed to spend $1.39! All I had to buy were two inexpensive brackets from a home improvement store and I was able to change the whole look. 


Aside from the computer everything pictured here was either thrifted, found or given to us. Even the table I turned into a desk was someone else's garbage that I was able to get my hands on! With a new coat of paint and stain the piece looks brand new. All I did to get everything thrown together was to add 2 of my cheap brackets to a old board I found in the basement to make a shelf that displays our treasures. We like he rustic look so metal brackets on a worn out board is right up our alley! It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it works great for us and in my opinion it accents the found antlers and turkey feathers perfectly.





Money should never be a reason not to update. All you need is a little creativity and imagination to turn any area of your house into the perfect spot for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...