Monday, November 17, 2014

A Cheery Colorful Nursery for A Happy Baby

 
 
In my post Friday I shared the Driftwood Mobile I made for our daughters nursery and mentioned that I will be fighting the cold Wisconsin weather this winter by giving our home a make over. We have been living with the house for a while and have worked out what arrangements work best for us so now it's time to settle in. I know we have been here a couple years already but I think it is best to live with a space before making any permanent changes. 

 
 
 
I started with our daughters nursery I wanted to give her room a cute and colorful update with a homey feel to it. I started by making her mobile out of driftwood we found on a family trip over the summer (you can read more about it here) and hung it over her crib.
 





I also gave the walls and trim a fresh coat of paint along with the door. This wood door was stained in a dark brown color and covered in stickers from the previous owner. I want her room to be as colorful as she is so I sanded the door and painted it a bright blue. After a few coats of paint I glued some white molding to it to give the look of an older door and sealed it with about 4 or so coats of semi-gloss sealer to protect the finish. I think it still could use a pretty glass doorknob to complete the look.

The paint I found on the mistake paint shelf at a hardware store for $5.00 a gallon. I like to look for returned paint whenever I go to home stores because I can always find unusual colors I wouldn't necessarily buy at full price then I use them for projects like this.
 
 
 This is the same paint I used to paint the shutters I use at farmers markets here they are in action.

 
 
Anyway back to Corinna's room... I also repainted a dresser that used to belong to my great grandmother that doubles as a changing table. Then I took  some pieces from my farmer's market inventory to decorate her room. I used my home sewn bunting over her window and along a shelf then put up a few of my rustic hearts and signs I also have in my Etsy shop. I love how cute her room turned out to be and I also love that I was able to pull the look together for less than $50 by getting creative with what I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...