We recently celebrated our little ones third birthday by having a backyard party for him. I love entertaining outside and making healthy food to match the setting so I came up with this easy garden appetizer after browsing a few recipes and altering them to fit what I was looking for. It only took a short amount of time to make this light and healthy snack.
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 15 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Wash and cut your cucumbers to 1/4 inch thick slices
- Wash and cut your tomatoes in half
- Blend parmesan, cream cheese, mayo, herbs and seasonings in a food processor
- Fill a piping bag (or plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off) with your mixture and swirl a dollop on each cucumber slice
- Top each cucumber with a half slice of tomato.