Monday, July 8, 2013

Perfect Eggless Waffle Recipe


Although we raise chickens to lay delicious free range eggs for us our oldest has an egg (and peanut) allergy and has to miss out. Usually it is not a problem to avoid giving him anything with eggs until it comes to baking and breakfast. I like to make things from scratch and continually search for recipes that are free of eggs, and  sometimes they are great while other times not so much. It is hard to find recipes that taste good AND hold together. I have had many birthday cakes fall apart with eggless cake recipes. 

Here is a particularly good waffle recipe we tried over the weekend that I altered and wanted to share:

Perfect Eggless Waffles:

  • 2 cups flour
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tbs baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 4 tbs melted butter
  • 2 cups milk

First mix together all of the dry ingredients then add your milk and melted butter. Mix it all together keeping it slightly lumpy and pour it into your waffle iron. 


These waffles turned out great and the boys loved them so I will say it's a keeper! If you have any eggless recipes that your little ones love please share them I am always looking for more.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and this waffles look great so I will try your recipe...I think my sister, Mary Freeman from GA follows you...happy to be following you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like them Bevie! Yes your sister does follow I love her blog and her artwork. I visit her site often its so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for coming by and introducing yourself. I really do like your pallet flag. I have a stack of pallets that I will use next time.
    I will enjoy watching your blog as you learn about farming and being self reliant. I have not butchered my own chickens. Yet. I had my hens hatch chicks this year so I am going to have extra roosters.
    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Kim,
    My Field of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kim. Self reliance us quite the adventure, and its fun to connect with other people doing the same thing. We have a broody hen and are waiting for her eggs to hatch. This will be a first for us so we're pretty excited. I look forward to reading more of your posts as well thanks for following our blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...